Historical Timeline of Christian Science in Tulsa


1898
Mr. McComb from Stillwater introduces Tulsa William Farmer Brown to Christian Science
1900
Browns host study sessions in home at Frankfurt & Archer
1904
Meetings held at First and Cincinnati, then various homes and later in rented rooms.
Christian Science society (pre-cursor to church) formed.
1906
Sunday School organized
1907
Society decides to organize into a Church (November)
1908
Certificate of Incorporation granted by State of Oklahoma to First Church of Christ, Scientist, Tulsa (January 27)
1914
Lot purchased at corner of Boulder Avenue and Eleventh Steet
1917
Ground broken at Boulder Avenue and Eleventh Street (July)
1918
Cornerstone laid (January 3)
Services held in first floor, now Sunday School room (August 4)
1921
Construction begun on remainder of building
1923
Edifice completed
First services in auditorium (Easter Sunday, April 1)
1926
Church building dedicated debt free (Easter Sunday, April 4
1927
Second Church of Christ, Scientist, Tulsa organized to accommodate growth of the church
1931
Third Church of Christ, Scientist, Tulsa, organized
1934-36
Church edifice redecorated & remodelled under direction of Adah M. Robinson